Saturday, 16 August 2014

Introductions

Hi everyone. This is my first blog and I am brand new to all of this so I think a brief introduction is in order.
My name is Emily and I am 27. I am married to Liam and have two boys Thomas who's two and Daniel who's one. I started dabbling in craft after having my second son and initially had a go at making memory wire bracelets. That has progressed and I now do quite a lot of jewellery making.
I also have taken up sewing. I started making hanging hearts and felt christmas decorations and since then have been bought a sewing machine. My favourite things to make on the sewing machine is bags but I am in the middle of my first item of clothing which is a dress for myself.
I have recently been dabbling in papercraft and have had my handmade greetings cards in a shop for two months now. All the buttons in the shop feature buttons.
Today I attended a card making workshop and it has sparked my enthusiasm for making cards. I don't have a lot of knowledge of different techniques but I enjoy learning and want to try new things.
I have tried out a lot of different crafts and have enjoyed most of them!
This blog is going to be about my crafty journey, learning and trying new things and my successes and failures.
Things that are successful will make it onto my facebook page www.facebook.com/floralfancy

2 comments:

  1. So glad our workshop inspired you to try new techniques, and of course start your blog. Be warned though, blogging is addictive ;-) Look forward to seeing your lovely new makes on here later xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your blog Emily, the workshop was certainly a lot of fun, I've been practising my inking techniques too :) Blogging really does seem to be addictive as Barbara says, I only started mine at the beginning of the month, but I have been very busy! There is so much inspiration our there on the internet :)

    ReplyDelete