Monday, 1 September 2014

Something new

Today I fancied trying something new so I have had a go at book folding. I have seen lots of examples of this and some of them are incredible. 
I bought some hardback books at the charity shop the other day on anticipation of this and today I finally got around to giving it a whirl. 
This is the book I started with 
It took a while juggling a sick baby and a little boy who had a very bad dream but I finally got it finished 
I am quite pleased with it. It is nowhere near perfect but good for a first go I think. 
I don't think I am ever going to settle with what I'm currently doing. I am constantly seeing new things I want to try. 
I have 11 more of these books to try out different patterns so I'm looking forward to that!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great first try Emily, I think better than I could do! I want to have a go, did you use a template or anything like that? Charity shops are great for finding items to use for crafting, I use old books for text background paper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I used a template I found on a facebook group.

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a clever idea, I've never seen this before. It looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz it's like most things - easy when you know how! x

      Delete