Friday, 10 July 2015

Crochet!

I have been wanting to learn to crochet for a while now but it has so far eluded me. 

This was my first ever attempt at a granny square which leaves a lot to be desired!


I decided to admit defeat until I was sat at a craft fair and was encouraged to have another go. When I got home that evening I was absolutely determined to crack it and managed to produce this 


I kept at it the next few days and finally produced this square 

 
It is going to become a cushion cover when I get round to it! I have now got the bug and I am in the middle of a baby blanket. 
Everything I have done so far is just large squares and a couple of stitches so I still have a lot to learn!  I am enjoying trying something new and am looking forward to developing this new craft! 

3 comments:

  1. well done perseverance always pays off - Carol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous and well done for persevering, I do love to crochet especially in the winter.
    hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Emily, I love crocheting, so relaxing, in the middle of doing a baby blanket for my Grandson, who is due later on this month, really need to get it finished..hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete